Saturday, April 01, 2006

The North Wind and Come Walk With Me....



This is a poem i wrote for my Grandma Ruby in 1982 when i was 14(!!), she was on holiday in the US where her daughter lives and i sent it to her as a suprise.

Boreas-The North Wind

Away from the cottage and into the wood,
Right up to the place where the young man stood,
Dressed in a garb of icy blue,
His watery eyes a colder hue.

In the deep dead hush of every tree,
There hung a note of expectancy,
The tall gaunt man began to quiver,
The breeze so cold had made me shiver.

Just as his name i was about to ask,
He let out a mighty blast
"I am the North Wind" was his yell,
Then his body began to swell....

It grew and grew and swelled and grew,
One thousand times bigger than me or you.


Watercolour:Valentina Kaquatosh


This one i agan wrote for my Grandma Ruby, this time in 1993 to describe The Netherlands to her (I live in the part of Holland they call "De Bollenstreek" which is the "Bulb District")....



Come Walk With Me

The sun shines its warmth upon all
The bare talons of the winter trees
Soften into the gentle hues of spring,
The flat rich earth stretches far and wide,
Broken now by rich reds, sun yellows...

All is bright as winter mellows
And turns cycle into spring.
Daffodils dance as courting birds sing thier gay songs,
Scented hyacinths greet the passer by,
Before thier hues are seen....

A butterfly flutters by reminiscent of a dream.
My freind as i wander and this beauty awakes,
You're right by my side as each magical step i take,
You too feel the sigh, Mother Nature she breathes,
As spring it returns with the new shoots of leaves....

The regimented tulips the crop of the Dutchman,
Armies of peace- that adorn now the fields,
All of this beauty, The Netherlands yields....


Brightest Blessings,
Lunaura.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I know adults who couldnt conjure that.
You had/have a real talent. How proud was your gran?
:-)

3:57 pm  
Blogger Lunaura Harvest said...

Thank you Cheryl ;) My Gran was chuffed as punch! Before she died she gave her 'favourite' people a binder of poems, thoughts she had, poems she wrote herself etc, there inbetween them all were these two poems i wrote! I was so touched to not only receive a binder from her (she called it "from little acorns giant oaks grow"), but that mine were included ;)

Love and light,
Lunaura.

9:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, there. This is Valentina Kaquatosh. Where'd you find my watercolour? Just curious. I just googled myself to track down old stuff. Thought I'd give ya a holler.
Here's my blog:
http://valentinaxxx.mindsay.com/
~V

11:48 pm  
Blogger Lunaura Harvest said...

Hi Valentina, great that you found my site! Your watercolour is AWESOME!! I fancied some illustration for my poem and so i googled on 'North Wind' and 'Boreas' as images, i just klikt through until i found yours. There was no copywrite on it, so i guessed i could use it, but was polite enough to add your name ;o)I will take a wee look at your blog in a mo!
Please feel free to return here any time!

Bright Blessings,
Lunaura.

1:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home