Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I can sculpt??-Seemingly!




Well here's a few pictures of my latest creation. I had never tried sculpting until 2 weeks ago when i made "The Morrigan", this raven statue (my very first sculpture ever!)for a task given to us by our HPs.
I tend to go through long periods of non-activity with my arts and crafts, followed by periods of intense activity!
I was amazed at the fact that sculpting came with such ease, i made my raven in about 12 hours (spread over 3 days, as i had to do it in the garden (weather permitting) because of the mess!)
I soon noticed that i seemed to have a knack for this sculpting thing and the end result, for a first, was not bad at all! (if i may say so myself ;o)
Totally bitten by the sculpting bug, i have now begun another project, this time of a fish, curled up around itself (i love round, flowing shapes)
The idea came to me after completing the raven to make a representation of all of the 4 elements (earth, air, water and fire). I already have air (raven), am busy with the fish for water and am considering a salamander for fire and i still have to think a wee bit before i decide what i wish to represent the earth element.. (not into garden gnomes- lol)
Anyway, have fun and enjoy the pics!
Lunaura.



These are the lastest of my sculptures. It is a Salamander, representing the element Fire. I did this sculpture in 2 days.

Brightest Blessings,
Lunaura.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, looks great! I tried sculpting a few times, and would like to learn better. You inspire me to keep trying! What material did you use to make these? Where did you learn how to use it?

1:22 pm  
Blogger Lunaura Harvest said...

Merry Meet Jolinda, thanks for dropping by!

I made the sculptures out of 'breezeblocks' (NL's = Giboblok)the light building bricks, i think they're made from a sort of cement mixed with chalk...
I didn't learn to use it anywhere!, i just started on my first one, the Raven and found out that i could sculpt! Strange but true!!

Brightest Blessings,
Lunaura

2:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home